Sometimes I come home from work to my kitchen looking like that. At times like this, it’s hard to decide what to make for a quick yet also cheap and healthful supper! So I thought I’d share a simple food I like to make for last-minute suppers, or as a way to finish off leftovers!
– 1 pound ground beef, fried with chopped onion and seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder
– around 4 cups of salted, cooked veggies – peas, carrots, corn, green beans, etc.
– leftover mashed potatoes, or instant potatoes (about “4 servings” of instant potatoes)
– cheddar cheese
1. Cook vegetables, and salt them. (If you are using frozen, heat them up in a pan or in the microwave.) Lay them across the bottom of a baking dish. I used a strange 10×10 baking dish my Grandma gave me, but almost any size would work. If it’s big, that’s fine. If it’s small, use two dishes!
2. Fry ground beef with seasonings, and layer on top of the vegetables.
3. Spread the mashed potatoes over the beef.
4. Top with cheese – I used about 1 cup.