I guess I’ve been feeling crafty!
I have really wanted to make a wall-hanging for my living room. I have picture frames, the Romanian flag, and a few other things up, but I wanted to make something. This turned out so well; I can’t wait to try something else – maybe even bigger!
On my way home from work yesterday, I heard one of my favorite songs on the radio – The Proof of Your Love. I decided to make my wall hanging with some of the lyrics from that song – actually 1 Corinthians 13:1-7, The Message version. (I don’t usually use that version, but I loved how it put these verses into different words.)
What I did for the backing was cover a piece of cardboard (9 inches wide, 24 inches tall) with black paper.
Another plus for this project is that I didn’t spend any money on it! These were all supplies I already had! Most were given to me. To be fair, though, I estimate the cost of the supplies (if you were to go buy them all) would be less than $5.00.
Altogether, I used:
– old cardboard (actually, two pieces taped together – but you would never know it once it was firm because of the thick paper covering it.)
– Regular and double sided tape
– flower decorations
– 3 pieces of plain black scrapbook paper
– 1 piece of music note scrapbook paper
– 2 pieces of patterned scrapbook paper
– a teeny tiny bit of ink in my printer.