I’ve been looking forward to making the salmon I bought at Aldi. We usually don’t get salmon because it’s not as cheap as, well, chicken. 🙂 I am so glad we bought some as a “treat,” though!
Since I’ve never actually made salmon before (isn’t that a shame??), I decided to try a recipe from my sister Tammy’s website that I knew was reliable. I definitely didn’t want to experiment on my precious salmon. 🙂 I followed her recipe almost 100% – I just didn’t have lemon pepper and did the directions only slightly differently.
Although I suggest you look at her recipe as well, here’s how I made it!
– Salmon fillets (I used four)
– Fresh-squeezed lemon juice (I used the juice from 1/2 a lemon)
– Liquid smoke
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a cookie sheet with foil, and place a metal cooling wrack/wire rack on top of the foil.
2. On a plate, liberally season both sides of each fillet with the lemon juice, liquid smoke, pepper, and salt. Although Tammy mentioned that she uses a spray bottle for her liquid smoke, it worked fine for me to just pour it onto my fingers and apply.
3. Place each fillet (skin-side down, if applicable) onto wire rack, and bake for 15-20 minutes.