This recipe is really worth sharing, if I do say so myself!
Ingredients for biscuits:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup canola oil
Ingredients for chicken:
1/2 cup finely chopped onion (I used half a large onion)
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 cups milk
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 large chicken breast, diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon vegeta or seasoned salt
chopped fresh (or dried) parsley, to garnish
1. In a medium skillet, combine 1 tablespoon olive oil and chicken. Cook, stirring often, until chicken is done. Season chicken with a dash of paprika and vegeta or seasoned salt. Do not drain; set aside.
2. In a medium-large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add milk and oil. Stir until the dough forms a ball. Pick up the dough, and shape into a circle, about one and one-half inches thick. (The dough should be surprisingly easy to handle – not sticky.) Cut circle in 6 pieces to divide the dough to form biscuits.
4. Take the pieces of dough and form into circles about 3/4-inch tall. (If your pieces are slightly uneven, as mine are, you may need to re-distribute some of the dough.)
5. Place biscuits onto a lightly greased baking sheet, and bake at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
6. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt, and pepper, and bouillon cube until blended. Gradually add milk; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chicken.
7. Split biscuits; top with creamy chicken. Sprinkle with parsley.