Deviled eggs are both an easy and pretty appetizer. They also go over very well at potlucks or picnics. Here’s how I made my deviled eggs:
- Eggs (They will peel best if they have been in your fridge for a few weeks)
- Miracle Whip
1. Hard boil the eggs. If you haven’t done that before, here’s how: Place the eggs in a pan and cover with water. Heat on low for a few minutes, and then switch to medium-high heat until the water is boiling. When it is boiling well, turn the heat back to low and cook for 16 minutes. When the time is up, drain the hot water and let eggs sit to cool.
2. When eggs are cool, peel each egg and cut in half.
3. Remove the egg yolks and place them in a bowl. Smash them with a fork, and add miracle whip and mustard. (I used about 2 teaspoons of mustard and 1/8 cup miracle whip for 7 eggs.)
4. Now here’s a fun part. Put the egg yolk mixture in a plastic zipper bag. Squish it around, and then cut the corner of the bag off so you can fill the egg whites. This is really easy and doesn’t require cake-decorating tips.
5. Sprinkle deviled eggs with paprika.