I was unsure of what to call this dish, so I just called it what it is. Bacon-Mushroom Fettuccine. I could have also easily called it fantastic-and-oh-so-delicious Bacon-Mushroom Fettuccine, but I thought I’d just use the short version.
I made up this “recipe,” which is basically a list of ingredients. When I told Bogdan about my idea, he seemed a bit nervous. He liked this dish, though.
- Mushrooms (I used ones from my freezer)
- turkey bacon, chopped
- onion, chopped
- granulated garlic
- fresh or dried parseley
- freshly ground pepper and salt
- Italian salad dressing
- Fettuccine, cooking according to package directions
- Italian-blend or mozzarella cheese, to top, optional
1. In a medium skillet, fry bacon and set aside.
2. In the same skillet, cook the onion, butter, mushrooms, parsley, salt, pepper, and Italian dressing. It should get pretty juicy. Add the bacon to the skillet.
3. Combine the bacon-mushroom mixture with the fettuccine and serve.
PS: I didn’t get a picture with cheese on top, but I put shredded mozzarella cheese on top and it was fabulous! It added a lot to the recipe.